One of the first things a new home buyer gets is insurance. Yet, when someone rents, it is often an expense that is pushed down the list of priorities. According to renter insurance statistics, only about 37% of renters have renter insurance including those in Arlington, TX.
What happens if your apartment catches fire or the sewer backs up and damages everything? The landlord is not going to be responsible for replacing your items. To go without renters insurance is taking a huge risk.
Before you fall into taking a chance with no insurance coverage, here are 5 things the experts at InsPeak want you to know before saying no to renters insurance.
- One of the most important parts of renter insurance is that it covers what your landlord’s insurance doesn’t, like damage to your personal property.
- You own more than you realize, and it’s worth more than most can afford to replace. Many people don’t realize how much their things are worth. It’s as if they are looking at what they own and calculating what these items would fetch at a garage sale. The truth is that your items are not like a car that depreciates in value the second you drive it off of the lot. Renters insurance looks at how much it would cost to replace these items, not what they are worth at a resale shop.
- Renter Insurance is more affordable than you think.
- Renter Insurance Also covers a guest getting injured on your property.
- It also may even reimburse you for food costs or temporary housing if your apartment is uninhabitable for a while.
Call InsPeak serving Arlington, TX today to discuss your renter insurance questions. It will probably take no more than 15 minutes of your time but could save you a bundle.